Top 10 Superheroes from American to Mandarin Chinese
Marvel and DC comics have been turning comic book characters into films quite a lot these days. Chinese people have become more and more familiar with American superheroes such as: Iron Man, Superman, Spiderman, X-men, The Avengers, Justice League, The Incredible Hulk, Daredevil, and others. But in Mandarin Chinese, the name of the superheroes is a little bit different than the one you know. In this article you will learn the name of your favorite characters and some words from their story, such as:
- (超能力 (chāo néng lì) - Super Powers
- 瞬间移动 (Shùnjiān yídòng) - Teleportation
- 变形 (biàn xíng) - Shapeshifting
- 隐形 (yǐn xíng) - Invisibility
- 超人力量/神力 (chāo rén lì liàng / shén lì) - Superhuman strength
- 飞行 (fēi xíng) - Flying
- 超人速度 (chāo rén sù dù) - Superhuman speed
The most famous and loved superheroes are Superman and Batman. And although FluentU mistakes them as part of the Marvel family, you probably know they are from DC.
1. Superman: 超人(chāo rén), also known as Man of Steel: 钢铁之躯 (gāng tiě zhī qū), is actually Clark Kent: 克拉克·肯特 (kè lā kè kěn tè ). He was born on Krypton 氪气 (kèqì). He is in love with Lois Lane: 洛伊斯·莱恩 (luò yī sī lái ēn) and fights his arch enemy Lex Luthor: 莱克斯·卢瑟 (lái kè sī lú sè)
2. Batman: 蝙蝠侠 (biān fú xiá), is actually Bruce Wayne: 布鲁斯·韦恩 (bù lǔ sī wéi ēn), the hero of Gotham City: 哥谭市 (gē tán shì) (sometimes 高谭市 gāo tán shì). He has a partner Robin: 罗宾 (luó bīn) and a really nice car - the Batmobile: 蝙蝠侠战车 (biān fú xiá zhàn chē). Although he has no superpowers, he fights a lot of super villains, such as Joker: 小丑 (xiǎo chǒu), Poison Ivy: 毒藤女 (dú téng nǚ), Mr. Freeze: 急冻人 (jí dòng rén), Bane: 贝恩 (bèi ēn), and Catwoman: 猫女 (māo nǚ).
3. Spiderman: 蜘蛛侠 (zhī zhū xiá), is from New York: 纽约 (niǔ yuē) and his real name is Peter Parker: 彼得·帕克 (bǐ dé pà kè). He is in love with Mary Jane: 玛丽·简 (mǎ lì jiǎn) and his best friend is Harry Osborn: 哈里·奥斯本 (hā lǐ ào sī běn). Peter Parker was bitten by an experimental spider that gave him Super Powers (超能力 (chāo néng lì). He fights the Green Goblin: 绿魔 (lǜ mó), Doctor Octopus: 章鱼博士 (zhāng yú bó shì), and Kingpin 金并 (jīn bing).
4. The X-men: X 战警 (X zhàn jǐng) are a group of mutants that live in a special school, run by Professor X / Charles Xavier: X 教授 / 查尔斯·泽维尔 (X jiāo shòu / chá ěr sī zé wéi ěr). There are a lot of X-men, but the most important are: Wolverine: 金刚狼 (jīn gāng láng), Nightcrawler : 夜行者 (yè háng zhě), Storm : 暴风女 (bào fēng nǚ), Colossus: 钢力士 (gāng lì shì ), ShadowCat : 幻影猫 (huàn yǐng māo), and Rogue: 罗刹女 (luó chà nǚ). There is another group of mutants led by Magneto: 万磁王 (wàn cí wáng) and Mystique: 魔形女 (mó xíng nǚ) who have a different view of the Mutant: 变种人/异种战士 (biàn zhǒng rén / yì zhǒng zhàn shì) problem.
5. Justice League: 正义联盟 (zhèng yì lián méng)” where you can also find Green Lantern: 绿灯侠 (lǜ dēng xiá), The Flash: 闪电侠 (shǎn diàn xiá), and Wonder Woman: 神奇女侠 (shén qí nǚ xiá)
6. Iron Man: 钢铁侠 (gāng tiě xiá)
7. Captain America: 美国队长 (měi guó duì zhǎng)
8. Thor: 雷神托尔 (léi shén tuō ěr)
9. The Avengers: 复仇者联盟 (fù chóu zhě lián méng)
10. The Incredible Hulk: 绿巨人浩克 (lǜ jù rén hào kè)
Knowing how to address your favorite comic book characters in Mandarin Chinese will prove very useful when connecting with people. And if you were wondering who wins the battle of popularity between Superheroes: 超级英雄 (chāojí yīngxióng) and Villains: 反派 (fǎnpài), you have to consult your Chinese friends and find out their opinion.
Illustrations: Tik Ka 迪嘉
The material and information contained on this blog is for general information purposes only. You should not rely upon the material or information on the blog as a basis for making any business, legal or any other decisions. Whilst we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, Mandarin Cafe makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services or related graphics contained on the blog for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such material is therefore strictly at your own risk.