10 House Words from Game of Thrones in Mandarin Chinese
OK, it’s a very special article only Game of Thrones/ A Song of Ice and Fire fans will understand.
We all know that each of the great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms have their own official family slogan, or "words". Such as House Baratheon's words "Ours is the fury!" or well-known House Stark’s words, the ominous warning "Winter is coming".
We bet you didn’t know how to say these house words from Game of Thrones in Chinese. Well, now you do, and we have no idea how are you going to use it. So just have fun!
1. House Targaryen of King's Landing - Fire and Blood
- Tǎn gé lì'ān jiāzú——xuè huǒ tóng yuan
2. House Stark of Winterfell - Winter Is Coming
- Shǐ tǎ kè jiāzú——lǐn dōng jiāng zhì
3. House Greyjoy of Pyke - We Do Not Sow
- Gé léi qiáo yī jiāzú——qiáng qǔshèng yú kǔ gēng
4. House Tully of Riverrun - Family, Duty, Honor
- Tú lì jiāzú——jiāzú, zérèn, guāngróng liúchuán
5. House Lannister of Casterly Rock - Hear Me Roar!
- Lán nísī tè jiāzú——tīng wǒ nùhǒu
6. House Arryn of the Eyrie - As High as Honor
- Ài lín jiāzú——gāo rú róngyù
7. House Tyrell of Highgarden (HG2) - Growing Strong
- Tí lì ěr jiāzú——shēngshēng bù xī
8. House Baratheon of Storm's End - Ours Is the Fury
- Bài lā xí ēn jiāzú——nùhuǒ liǎo yuan
9. House Martell of Sunspear - Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
- Mǎ tài ěr jiāzú——bùqūbùnáo
And here comes a bonus!
10. House Lannister - "A Lannister always pays his debts" (unofficial word, common saying)
- 有仇必报有债必还 - Yǒu chóu bì bào yǒu zhài bì hái
Photo Credit: house poster art by GeekTyrant
The material and information contained on this blog is for general information purposes only. You should not rely upon the material or information on the blog as a basis for making any business, legal or any other decisions. Whilst we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, Mandarin Cafe makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services or related graphics contained on the blog for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such material is therefore strictly at your own risk.